Sunday, November 6, 2011

Silly Moments in My Life

The other night, I was dreaming about drag queens giving etiquette classes and Native Amercians overposting on facebook about the End of the World, when I was awoken by the doorbell. I woke up and since I didn't hear my parents stirring in their room, I pretended that it was imagined or that it was just someone looking for trouble. The doorbell rang again and I wondered if it was my younger brother. My mom is convinced that Friday is the night he stays at a friend's house, so she locked the deadbolt and set the alarm. I looked at my cell phone to see if he might have texted me. 2:08 am. And right then he called. So I groggily told him to stop yapping at me about our mom locking him out of the house. I turned off the alarm and unlocked the door.... so that my brother, dressed as Speed Racer could come into the house. Yes, that's right. My dreams of drag queens and the end of the world were interrupted so that I could let Speed Racer into the house.

This is my life, in what my brother has dubbed "Childhood 2.0" in which a 26 year old gal comes home to live with her 20 year old brother and drive their parents crazy with burping, farting and loads of inappropriate jokes. I do enjoy this phase of my life because although my parents are disgusted with our behavior, they can't really ground me... I already spend ALL of my home time in my room, so I have kind of grounded myself. And I happen to be reading these awesome books in as series for teenage girls, Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, by Louise Rennison. I know I'm not 14 but these books AND living at home help me travel back to being a whiny, self-absorbed girl living at home. And I like it! Although I would like it more perhaps if my British accent were more authentic but I do get loads of practice!

If I had any other stories to share, I would, but my parents get kind of weird about this whole internet thing. Because what I find to be hilarious, they deem inappropriate. My mom said our behavior was unbecoming of 'a young man and a young lady' which made my brother and I laugh. I'm pretty sure we weren't brought to this world to act 'appropriately'. Which may or may not mean that we are aliens. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment